Tuesday, October 2, 2007

MUST EVERYTHING BE A H5?

There is a GOOD CHANCE that you're killing yourself online. I just came back from a wild jaunt in the east coast in New York City, (you can read all about my recent adventures at the DigitalLife conference here.....).

I come back from a highly technical two weeks to find something very disturbing back on my home soil. Companies from all walks of life in Troy, Michigan have ZERO IDEAS on what it takes to make a page rank properly....

Most alarmingly......

* Keyword Density
* Meta Data

* Proper Copywriting Length

Sadly, a lot of sites that I come across even in the manufacturing realm INSIST on putting all the body copy into a - h5 -tag. That doesn't say much for the city of Metro Detroit. IN fact, it makes us look pretty shoddy when it comes to the nation at large. Especially after our recent embarrassment this past Monday with our National American status as a state.


** Worse, I have seen many manufacturing sites in the State of Michigan try to skate by with one or two sentences per page. Please take note that there is a direct number system when it comes to using the proper number of keywords per page. I am not saying this to be over the top or cruel but its a standard fact.

There are a lot of things you must put into your pages. I am not talking about FLASH and other outdated technologies. I am talking directly about the type of formating that gets your pages easily indexed online.

There is no reason that a company should have to pay 25k - 50k for some watered down "programming" or animation functionality or even java navigation, (Java is not visible to search engine spiders by the way).

But what do I know?

Maybe Michigan businesses like throwing their money out the window.

There is a reason why Michigan is in last place.

Ted Cantu posted this on October 2, 2007 at 8:58 PM

No comments: